Well before the historic Abraham Accords were signed in October 2020, there were kosher eateries already established in Dubai, serving religious Jewish travelers to the area.
Read ahead for the list of kosher restaurants and to learn about the latest updates added February 17, 2022.
Ellis Kosher Kitchen has moved from the Hilton Dubai Al Habtoor City and has plans to open a kosher Cafe and bakery in the Golden Mile Galleria (Palm Jumeirah)- all dairy items are Chalav Yisrael. This is in addition to Elli's Kosher catering and Kosher take away services available throughout the year. Elli’s Kosher Kitchen provides packed meals for desert safaris, yacht cruises and any other tour activities for travelers on the go. Elli's Kosher Kitchen delivers Shabbat meals to most hotels in Dubai.
Located in Burj Khalifa's Armani Hotel Dubai, the Armani/Kaf Kosher Restaurant is United Arab Emirate's first kosher certified Restaurant. The restaurant has tripled its occupancy from 40 to 120 seats and moved from the ground floor to the second floor of the award-winning luxury hotel, adjacent to Armani/Hashi, and will deliver a standalone culinary experience. The Armani/Kaf is certified by Rabbi Levi Duchman. Since it launched, the kosher restaurant has been a huge success, fully booked every day.
Treat Kosher is a kosher catering service, offering take away and deliveries in Dubai. Treat Kosher is supervised by Rabbi Levi Duchman, Glatt Kosher, Pat & Cholov Yisroel.
Mul Hayam proudly introduced itself as "The first Kosher Israeli style restaurant in Dubai". It is a vegeterian fish restaurant, featuring beach front seating with a great view of the marina and the city. The kosher restaurant is supervised by Rabbi Levi Duchman - certified Lemehadrin.
As of today there are nine official kosher eateries in Dubai. All of the kosher locations - except Mul Hayam - are not fitting for grabbing a spontaneous bite due to the increased demand and also thanks to the unstable "Corona restrictions" so it is highly recomended to make arrangements in advance, preferably before arriving in Dubai.
Here is the up-to-date list of Kosher Restaurants in Dubai:
- The Kosher Place - Glatt Kosher restaurant located at the Jumeirah Creekside Hotel
- King David Kitchen - Glatt Mehadrin Meat and Dairy restaurant located in the InterContinental Hotel Dubai - Festival City
- Elli's Kosher Cafe and Bakery - Dairy (Chalav Yisrael) restaurant - coming soon
- Ellie's Kosher Kitchen, a kosher catering service. For orders please call +971 443 555 77
- The Armani/Kaf Kosher restaurant, certified by the EAKC (restaurant has moved to a larger venue at the second floor)
- Treat Kosher – Kosher Gourmet catering, located in downtown Dubai, EAKC
- Mul Hayam - Kosher Israeli style restaurant under Chabad supervision
- TLV / Tel Aviv - Glatt Kosher meat restaurant located at the H Hotel (37th floor) under supervision of the EAKC.
- The Hilton Dubai Al Habtoor City Hotel offers daily kosher breakfast open to all guests of the hotel (no special reservation is required), outside guests can purchase the kosher meal at the reception. Supervised by Rabbi Levi Duchman EAKC.
- The Chabad House offers Shabbat hospitality at the Jumeirah Creekside Hotel
Please check the TJT up to date kosher guide for Dubai for Shabbat times and further details.
The Jewish Community in Dubai is getting ready to celebrate Pesach 2022!
The largest communal Seder ever is expected to take place this year
More information to come soon!
The largest Passover Seder in the history of the UAE is less than a month away…and for that we need matzah…— Rabbi Levi Duchman (@RabbiUae) March 21, 2022
Lots and lots…and LOTS of matzah! pic.twitter.com/IbxPiFVDEW
Important note! Kosher and availability are constantly changing, please contact the place you wish to visit before arrival. Also it is very important to check the kosher certificate on the premises or contact EAKC or the OU Mashgiach to be sure. Thanks!