The Kotel in Jerusalem on Chol Hamoed (Photo: Shutterstock)
Israel has long been a popular vacation destination for Passover. Pesach 2023, which begins on Wednesday night, April 5th and ends on Wednesday, April 12th in Israel (Thursday, April 13th outside of Israel), will be the first year since COVID that tourists will be coming to Israel. While the country was open to tourists for Pesach 2022, that was only announced around two months before Pesach when most people had already made their plans for Pesach. At this point last year, nobody knew when Israel would be opening its borders so it wasn’t really an option.
If Sukkot is any indication, there will be many tourists flooding the country for the next holiday known as one of the Three Pilgrimage festivals. The Torah (Hebrew Bible) commands Jews to go up to Jerusalem for Three Pilgrimage Festivals of Passover, Shavuot and Sukkot. Jews from around the world continue to come to Israel and visit the Kotel (Western Wall) during the three pilgrimage holidays. Thousands of people flock to the Kotel on Chol Hamoed Sukkot and Pesach to be there for Birkat Kohanim (Priestly Blessing) ceremony with hundreds of Kohanim.
Passover Programs 2023 in Israel
- The Vert (Crowne Plaza) Dead Sea Hotel & Spa with Davidman’s Pesach: Enjoy the beautiful weather, experience floating in the Dead Sea and relax at the pool. Davidman’s provides gourmet meals, fabulous programming for kids, teens and adults.
- The Neve Ilan Hotel with Zvi Lapian: The newly upgraded hotel in the Jerusalem hills is conveniently located near Jerusalem and many other sites and activities. Zvi Lapian offers great kids programming, food, lectures and shiurim.
- The Hacienda Forest View Hotel with Zvi Lapian: The hotel, spread across sprawling grounds in the Western Galilee, features a pool, gym, mini golf and kids’ club. The program offers delicious food, shiurim and lectures and entertainment.
- The Daniel Hotel & Shizen Spa Herzliya with Ophir Tours: The hotel boasts newly renovated rooms, state of the art facilities, luxurious spa and beautiful views of the sea. Enjoy delectable cuisine, lectures, kids club, activities and entertainment.
- Nof Ginosar Hotel with Kosher Travelers: Luxury accommodations with a private beach on the Kinneret, pool, tennis and basketball courts. Amazing trips and activities in the area. Program offers delicious meals, minyanim, shiurim, lectures, kids' programming and entertainment.
- Dan Carmel Hotel Haifa with Tour Plus: Luxury hotel with stunning views, pool, gym and spa. Great location with many tourist sights to keep you busy on Chol Hamoed. Enjoy gourmet meals prepared by international chefs.
- Dan Panorama Hotel Tel Aviv with Tour Plus: Luxury hotel, across from the beach, has pool, spa, fitness room and kids activities. Enjoy lavish gourmet meals prepared by expert chefs, cooks and confectioners.
- Kfar Maccabiah Hotel in Ramat Gan with Tour Plus: Hotel, conveniently located in the center of the country, has a swimming pool, fitness center, spa, tennis courts and kids' Gymboree. Enjoy a truly gastronomic experience with gourmet meals by international chefs and confectioners.
- Golden Crown Hotel in Nazareth with Tour Plus: Hotel, overlooking the Jezreel Valley and ideally located to visit the historical sights of the Galilee and northern Israel. Hotel has swimming pool, renovated spa complex and kids' Gymboree.
- Jerusalem Leonardo Plaza Hotel with Tour Plus: Pesach hotel in the center of Jerusalem near the Old City, Jewish heritage sights and shopping. Enjoy the hotel pool, spa, wellness facilities, library and gourmet meals.
- VERT Jerusalem Hotel with Tour Plus: Five-star hotel in the center of Jerusalem with a swimming pool, business lounge, health club and spa. Enjoy delicious gourmet food under the supervision of the Rabbanut of Jerusalem.
There is something truly special about being in Israel for the Passover holiday. The weather is idyllic, not too hot and not too cold. It very rarely rains at all on Pesach in Israel. There is so much to see and do over the holiday. Since Israel is a Jewish state and goes according to the Jewish calendar, there are many festivals, performances and special activities throughout the week of Chol Hamoed. The country is small so nothing is really very far from wherever you are but leave early because there can be a lot of traffic as the entire country is on vacation. There are museums and national parks in all parts of the country and they have shows and activities for kids and families for the holiday.
Be sure to check back with us frequently as we are adding Pesach programs on a daily basis. Check out TJT’s complete guide to Passover programs around the world. Many programs sold out early last year so the earlier you book the better. There are Passover program prices to suit a range of budgets in various locations. You are sure to find the best Pesach program for your family.