Totally Jewish Travel.com is the biggest Jewish travel site on the internet & the leader in Passover Resort advertising.
We have been in business since 1999 and have over 120+ Pesach hotels advertising with us each year. We have carried advertising for thousands of Passover vacations over 20 years.
We do not have a Passover Program review section for each Passover hotel or Passover vacation on our site so we have compiled a list of tips and advice for you to use when booking your Passover vacation.
1. If you are unsure about a particular operator, ask them to provide you with references from previous guests, Reputable programs will have no problem connecting you with previous guests (with their permission of course) who can vouch for their experience.
If a hotel is a new program there will obviously not be any past guests to ask. In that case ask the operator if they have been involved with any previous programs or caterers. Previous guests are the BEST way for you to review a Passover hotel.
2. If the program is run by an operator that comes from a country with a different language to yours ask them if there will be activities such as kids clubs, shiurim, entertainment and the like in your language. If the program is mainly Sephardi ask if there will be an Ashkenazi minyan and visa versa. Also ascertain the situation regarding Kitniot.
3. If you are unsure about a Hashgacha, ask the program operator for the contact details of the supervising body and contact them. They will be more than happy to explain the level of Kashrut. If you desire extra assurances, please contact the the Kashrut supervision organisation DIRECTLY.
4. If you can, pay by credit card. This will give you some protection in the rare case that the program fails or cancels. Always buy travel insurance as soon as you book so you are covered by that as well.
5. Research the quality of the hotel, its rooms and facilities. Use other means of research on the internet to see what the rooms, pools and communal areas are like.
6. Remember that the vast majority of Pesach hotels and resorts are of good quality, run by decent people & companies. There will always be a few that fall short of honest & decent standards everyone expects. If you are unsure about anything when booking, using the tips above should help avoid this.