Join us for an incredible active sailing adventure in the Mediterranean on a kosher catamaran for up to 12 people.
We’ll be swimming, walking, sailing, relaxing, watching spectacular sunsets, seeing amazing views, and if you want to, you’ll learn about sails, navigation, the wind, tying knots, and you can help sail the boat and ask as many questions as you wish.
Our kosher sailing trips are not kosher cruises.. they are personal, fun, adventurous, active, educational and relaxing. Whether you choose self-catering or a private chef, our unique catamaran trips offer an amazing and unique sailing experience. You can come as a family or organize a group of friends and take the entire boat or just book a cabin, joining one of our groups and making new friends from all over the world.
Sicily Volcano Sailing
In 2023, we have chosen to focus on the spectacular volcanos of the Aeolian Islands in northern Sicily. Here you’ll find 7 volcanos of which 2 are active and during a 7 day tour, we will visit most of the islands and see incredible Stromboli which has been erupting every 5 to 20 minutes for the last 1300 years!
Our home will be a gorgeous sailing catamaran with 4 double rooms with ensuite bathrooms and 1 single room with 2 bunk beds. She has air conditioning, generates her own electricity and has a kosher kitchen, outdoor BBQ, water toys and most importantly an espresso maker!
On Shabbat we’ll be tied up at a marina on Lipari, the main island, and in the afternoon, a local tour guide will show us around this historic town. The rest of the time we will be visiting the other islands and will be walking, swimming, sailing, diving, eating, drinking and volcano watching.
We offer all inclusive trips where everything on the boat is covered. You just have to decide if you want self catering or if you want a chef and/or host(ess) and then turn up at the marina for departure!
What to Expect
- Sailing: Our skipper will be happy to teach you about sailing and you will need to help raise the sails, lower the fenders, tie off the mooring lines or drop the anchor. You’ll have fun, learn and be a great help since the skipper can’t do everything himself! We’ll teach you about knots (both how to tie a knot and why speed is measured in knots), reefs, winches, compasses, latitudes, longitudes and more!
- Dive, Snorkel and SUP: Jump off the boat in sparkling coves to snorkel and we can organize scuba diving even if you’ve never tried it before. Fins, snorkels and masks are on the boat for you to use and if we dive, we only use authorized and professional diving centers who keep the highest safety standards. Try your hand on a Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) andbalance and paddle in crystal clear waters.
- Hiking, cycling and touring: We have the freedom to drop anchor or moor anywhere we wish to allow you to climb a hill, tour a town, hire a bicycle or drink a beer in a local tavern. Tour guides can be organized and many of the coves or harbors where we tie up are peaceful and off the beaten track.
Custom Sailing Holidays
- Europe or the Seychelles: We are focused on Sicily in 2023, but we will be delighted to arrange custom sailing trips for you in Europe in the summer and the Seychelles in the winter. The Seychelles offer an incredible sailing experience around a tropical paradise.
- Super Yachts: For our discerning clients, we also offer kosher Superyacht charter in various locations in Europe on some of the most exclusive yachts available. These fully crewed yachts offer gourmet cuisine, five star service, water toys, jacuzzis and a range of other ways of keeping you busy and entertained. Typically with 4 to 10 cabins, these Superyachts are the ultimate in luxury, fun and relaxation.
Kashrut & Cooking
We cook together in a group, self-catering, and the standard fare is vegetarian/fish/milky food. We typically eat incredibly well with a lot of amazingly fresh fish!
There is an option for a chef on board for additional cost when the entire boat is chartered by a group. Keep in mind that he/she will sleep in one of the cabins (in the case of Sicily, he will be in the single bunk beds cabin).
There is also an option of including meat on the menu at additional cost and subject to the availability of meat with the kashrut certificate (hechsher) that meets your approval.
We tie up in a marina from Friday afternoon until Sunday morning and cook before shabbat. Friday night we will eat a hot meal and Shabbat lunch will typically be cold. We eat Shabbat meals together but you are free to do your own thing and make other arrangements. We do not enforce any religious or shabbat requirements on you but we ask that you respect Shabbat in the common areas of the boat.
We look forward to raising the sails and dropping the anchor with you on one of our trips.
Please contact us for 2023 availability in Sicily and other specialized trips customized just for you.