Moniga Del Garda
Hotel Riva Del Sole
Shavuot 2022 begins on the evening of June 4th and ends on Monday night, June 6th. It is a three-day chag, as Shabbat leads right into the holiday of Shavuot. It's a great opportunity for a long weekend in northern Italy.
Lake Garda is the largest lake in Italy, located in the north of the country halfway between Milan and Venice. Moniga del Garda is a charming lakeside town located on the southwest coast of the lake. You can enjoy the very long promenade by the lake, which can be reached in a few minutes from the hotel. It also has a lovely bathing beach and a small boat harbor. Thanks to the stop for the boat that surrounds the lake, you can reach and visit the towns along the lake without need to drive. The village overlooks a breathtaking view of the lake. In the village there is also a beautiful castle from the tenth century.
The hotel is located 42 km from Verona Airport (45 minutes' drive), 83 km from Bergamo Airport (one hour drive), and 170 km from Venice, Milan and Treviso Airports (two hours' drive). The hotel is in an ideal starting point for visiting the most beautiful sites in Italy. The entrance to the 4A motorway that connects Milan to Venice is in the town of DESENZANO, 15 minutes away, so that the hotel is ideally located for organizing day trips.
The 4-star Hotel Riva del Sole has 35 well-equipped rooms, 24 of them with a lake-facing balcony overlooking a breathtaking view. It is located about 150 meters from the lake shore and the promenade. All rooms are equipped with air conditioning, minibar, safe, TV, and of course en suite bathroom with shower. The hotel is surrounded by a beautiful garden, has a big swimming pool and a large free car parking.
The hotel has a strictly kosher kitchen and restaurant with a permanent supervisor, under the supervision of Rabbi Yehezkel Shainfeld of Bnei Berak. There is also a cafe shop and a corner selling kosher food, which are open to hotel guests as well as to passers-by. Packed meals can also be ordered. In the hotel there is a Beit Knesset with Sefer Torah open to the guests of the hotel.
MINIMUM STAY two nights. One night stay only during week-days with 10% addition and upon special approval. Week-end stay (two nights) only upon special approval.
ADDITION FOR SHABBAT LUNCH only for guests staying only 3 nights or less: 30 euro per adult and 20 euro per child. No addition for guests staying for 4 nights or more.
THE RESTAURANT OF THE HOTEL is open also for guests from outside (breakfast and dinner) only by reservation and payment in advance and depending on the available seating. Breakfast and dinner on weekdays: price of meals for adults: breakfast 20 euro, dinner at buffet 40 euro. Price of meals for children (2-12): breakfast 15 euro, dinner at buffet 30 euro. Price for each Shabbat meal dinner or lunch: 50 euro for adults and 35 euro for children. Price for seudah shlishit 40 euro for adult and 20 euro for child. 10% discount for 4 guests of the same family (parents and their children), 15% discount for 6 guests of the same family. Not valid during Shabbat and holidays and for friends.
SHABBAT TAKE-AWAY MEALS ARE AVAILABLE. The prices are according to the price-list in the website of the hotel.
INSIDE THE HOTEL THERE IS ALSO A SMALL SHOP with kosher food products for sale.
KOSHER LEMEHADRIN under the supervision of Rav Yechezkel Shainfeld from Bnei Berak.
The hotel is located just at about 30 minutes' drive distance from the most famous parks in Italy:
- GARDALAND - This is the largest amusement park in Italy and is also considered the best in the country and one of the best in all of Europe.
- CANEVAWORLD - which has a large movie city and a water park that offers an adrenaline experience as well as a medieval knight's meal.
- PARCO NATURA VIVA - which is a zoo / safari where endangered animals and protected species can be found.
- JUNGLE ADVENTURE Ropes Park - an unforgettable experience for all ages that is especially suitable for the Israeli public.
- PARCO SIGURTA - the most impressive and beautiful botanical park in Italy.
Moniga del Garda is also a starting point for a dream sailing around the lake.
Entrance to the motorway 4A (Milan-Venice) at Desenzano 13 km, 15 minutes. Fantastic opportunities for day trips:
- Verona: 53 km, 45 minutes.
- Venice: 166 km, two and a quarter hour.
- Florence: 264 km, two hours and 45 minutes.
- Milan: 131 km, one hour and 45 minutes.
- Como: 157 km, two hours.
- Lugano (Switzerland): 197 km, two hours.
- Stresa (Lake Maggiore): 209 km, two and a quarter hours.
- Bologna: 179 km, two hours.
- Trento: 115 km, an hour and 30 minutes.
- Bolzano (Dolomites): 171 km, two hours.
- Ferrara: 143 km (two hours).
- Shopping center in Brescia (Primark): 38 km, 35 minutes.
For those who do not want to drive by car, it is possible to get to Moniga by train from Milan, Bergamo or Venice to the station called DESENZANO and from there by bus or taxi to MONIGA.
HOW TO GET THERE BY CAR:
- From Malpensa Airport, follow the signs for Milano-Varese and then follow the signs for Venice on the 4A motorway. Exit at DESENZANO and continue in the direction of SALO 'until MONIGA.
- From Verona Airport follow the signs for the 4A motorway to Milan. Enter the motorway and exit at DESENZANO. Then continue in the direction of SALO' until MONIGA
- From BERGAMO Airport, follow the signs for Venice on the 4A motorway. Exit at DESENZANO and continue in the direction of SALO 'until MONIGA.
- From VENEZIA or TREVISO Airport, take the 4A motorway in the direction of MILANO. Exit at DESENZANO and continue in the direction of SALO 'until MONIGA.