SOUTH ITALY - SORRENTO
Enchanting Vacation in the Land of the Fjords
Kosher Lemehadrin - Holiday in Norway
July-August 8 days, 7 nights (8th summer in a row!)
Tour Dates: 2023 July-August 8 days, 7 nights
- 3 July 2023 - 10 July 2023
- 10 July 2023 - 17 July 2023
- 31 July 2023 - 8 Aug 2023
- 15 August 2023 - 22 August 2023
- 22 August 2023 - 29 August 2023
Tour guides: Meir Schwartz // Eli Barnea / Asher Krimolovsky. Eitan Omar
A hospitable vacation and amazing tours near the city of Voss. An opportunity to experience Norwegian tradition and culture in Myrkdalen Mountain Resort that offers upscale rooms and B&Bs. Enjoy rich and varied Glatt Kosher cuisine with Norwegian influences prepared by an Israeli chef. There is also a synagogue and a private dining room with a beautiful Norwegian view.
- Day 1 - Arrival in Bergen
- Day 2 - We will head out to the village of Øvre Årdal then bus to the upper regions of Tin and to Lake Tinnsjå, a lake located at an altitude of 1200 meters above sea level and then we will visit the picturesque village with unique wooden houses in Lærdal.
- Day 3 - Day trip in the Flåm area - a sail in the narrowest fjord in the world, the Nærøyfjord, which is a branch of the longest and deepest fjord in Norway, the Sognefjord, which is included in the list of World Heritage Sites of UNESCO.
- Day 4 - Bordalsgjelet, "Fan" Waterfall, Cable car ride on Voss Gondol. Shabbat preparations followed by Kabbalat Shabbat and festive dinner.
- Day 5 - Shabbat Kodesh: Shabbat rest, prayer, fulfilling meals, stroll and rest.
- Day 6 - Day trip to the “snow rivers”, suspension bridges and white slush at upper Finse then a stop at Oringfossen Waterfall and the picturesque fjord town situated at the end of the river Eidfjord.
- Another option for hikers (*additional fee) a train ride to the Blue Eye Glacier Hardangerjøkulen, the sixth largest ice dome in Norway. 6 mile (10km) walk towards the glacier, equipping special gear and climbing the glacier - all done under the guidance off a professional local guide. You must be physically fit for this trek as it requires endurance - the climb is possible if weather conditions permit.
- Day 7 - A train ride in Flåmsbana - an engineering marvel in the town of Flåm, where we’ll ride along blue rivers, impressive waterfalls
- Day 8 - Trip to the fjord capital Bergen - Travel along the fjord coastline to Bergen: ascend the funicular Fløibanen to an observation point on the top of Mount Flavin Fløyen towards the fjords that embrace the city and later a visit to the troll forest. A tour of the old city, at the end of the tour back to Israel from Bergen *.
* The flights are alternately Oslo / Bergen, Bergen / Oslo.
Price per person in double room: 9,700 NIS ( WITHOUT FLIGHT 8,700 NIS)
Additional cost for single room: 12,300 NIS ( WITHOUT FLIGHT 11,000 NIS)
Child or 3rd person in double room: 8,500 NIS ( WITHOUT FLIGHT 7,500 NIS)
- Flights: Tel Aviv Bergen - Tel Aviv - or Oslo.
- Port taxes
- Security taxes
- Accomodations at high-level resort
- Separate kitchen, cooking on site.
- Preparing sandwiches for lunch.
- Hot meal in the evening. Kosher L'mehadrin. Rabbi Yechezkel Sheinfeld
- Entrance fee to all the sites listed in the route. Includes sailing and train in the fjords
- Transportation and travel by comforable and air-conditioned tour bus according to the plan.
Price does not include:
- Insurance for cancellation, health, luggage and personal accidents.
- Covid tests
- Tips € 4 per person per day for service providers abroad.
- Tip for an Israeli guide (customary)
8 Day Trip to South Italy – Sorrento Peninsula
Trip Dates: 8 Days
- Jun 5, 2023 - Jun 12, 2023
- Jun 12, 2023 - Jun 19, 2023
- Jun 19, 2023 - Jun 26, 2023
- July 31, 2023 - Aug 7, 2023
- Sep 4, 2023 – Sep 11, 2023
- Monday - TLV to Rome or Napoli - Tour the southern capital of Italy, Naples. We shall visit the Spanish Quarter, the Naples Museum, the sea port and its colorful markets. From Naples we will drive south for our stay at Sorrento at a beautiful hotel with an amazing coastal view.
- Tuesday - Costa Amalfitana – Positano - Sorrento
- Wednesday - Pompeii – Vesuvius Volcano – Sorrento
- Thursday - Capri Island - sail to the island, go up to Anna Capri then continue on cable car to the summit of Monte Solero Mountain then return by boat to Sorrento; then back to the hotel. (Option: boat cruise to the blue cave at an extra charge).
- Friday - Caserta Palace and shopping at the largest mall in the area
- Shabbat - Tefilot (prayers) and Shabbat Meals, tour of the surrounding area adjacent to the hotel.
- Sunday - Amalfi – Ravello
- Monday – Early morning departure from Sorrento back to Napoli, Afternoon flight back from Napoli to Israel
Grand Vesuvio Hotel
Located on a hillside overlooking Sorrento and Naples. A very good high-standard hotel with a pool. A separate dining room for our group. All meals are prepared by an exquisite Italian chef.
Price of the Package:
Price per person in double room: 7,000 NIS ( WITHOUT FLIGHT 6,800 NIS)
Additional cost for single room: 9,400 NIS ( WITHOUT FLIGHT 8,400 NIS)
Child or 3rd person in double room: 6,500 NIS ( WITHOUT FLIGHT 5,500 NIS)
- Direct flights from Tel Aviv to Naples or Rome and and back.
- 7 nights in the Grand Vesuvio Hotel a very good high-standard hotel. Separate Kitchen with local food preparation Weekdays - Half board (Breakfast & Dinner) Packaged lunch meals; Shabbat Full board. All meals are Kosher Mehadrin.
- Air-conditioned tour bus
- Delicious meals prepared by an Italian chef.
- Port taxes and fuel charges (Correct to date of offer, the price of the package is subject to change based on fuel charges or tax changes)
- Entrances to sites as detailed in the itinerary*
- An experienced tour guide from Megalim-Olam (Meir Schewarz and/or Moshe vallach) and local guides as required
- E&OE - Errors and omissions excepted
Price does not include:
- Health and baggage insurance
- Extra meals not included in the price
- Drinks for group prepaid meals
- Service TIP; 4 Euro per day per person.
- Service Tip for the Hebrew speaking tour guides
- Mini Suite – 50 Euro per night per room.
- Room with Sea side view: 35 Euro per room per night.
Included tour site entries: Sorrento - Pompei - Naples - Capri Cruise - Cable car ride in Capri - Amalfi - Ravello - Caserta Palace - (Vesuvius volcano does not include ascent into the volcano gorge).
There may be changes in flight departure hours depending on airline schedules.
Changes to the program may occur dependent on tour guide discretion.