Bruce Backman's Pesach in the Southeast
Wild Dunes Resort
Charleston, South Carolina
This past year has been very challenging, many of us have faced tremendous losses, challenges and personal hardships. Covid-19 has taken a monumental toll on far too many people from our community. Therefore, the planning and decision making that has gone into envisioning this year’s program has been cautiously thought through.
To facilitate careful adherence to Covid safety guidelines from both a health-related and logistical perspective, we have carefully opted to move our program to Charleston South Carolina to the beautiful oceanfront AAA Four Diamond Wild Dunes Resort, in the #1 City in the U.S. - as voted by Condé Nast Traveler's readers for six years in a row. For more information on our protocols visit our Covid safety protocol page.
The resort is nestled into 1,600 acres of barrier island beauty-ripe for adventure of all kinds. It is home to pristine beaches, boating, biking, world class golf, sparkling pools, nationally ranked championship tennis facilities and a brand-new state of the art spa.
This year’s program, renamed Pesach in the Southeast, is a hybrid between our traditional style Pesach and the villa style programs. It features all the privacy and comfort of a private home with all the conveniences of a traditional Passover program, including daily housekeeping, bespoke dining options, outdoor daily entertainment, as well as first rate kids/teens programming.
We are pleased to be offering guests a choice of accommodations from traditional guest rooms to spacious condos and oversized houses with anywhere from 2 to 6 bedrooms. Being a smaller program, we encourage guests to book early as space is limited and we expect to sell out quickly.
As for dining, guests can choose to dine in a semi-private dining room or we can deliver meals to your home fresh three times a day. We are also offering private dining rooms, select outdoor dining terraces and in-home full-service dining options with full butler service.
The program will be chocked full of great safety conscious socially distant activities, from uplifting prayer services and superb kids’ activities to first rate entertainment and stimulating lectures. We will keep much of the program outdoors in beautiful custom designed tents to allow for all guests to feel comfortable throughout. With great weather expected to be in the 70’s and 80’s, the resort's beachfront location will make that part very easy and enjoyable.
We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you,
- 17 Har-Tru Tennis Courts
- 36 holes of signature golf courses designed by Tom Fazio*
- Several Heated Pools including an adults only pool
- Daily separate swimming hours in the evenings.
- Two miles of sandy ocean beach
- Children’s playground
- Bike rentals*
- Jogging & walking trails
- Brand new full service spa*
- State of the art fitness center
- Outdoor Basketball Hoop
- Jet Skiing*
* Asterisk denotes that additional fees may apply
Delectable gourmet farm-to table cuisine meals
Served in Private or Semi-Private dining rooms, or:
Delivered to your home 3-Times a day, to be enjoyed in the comfort of your own, guest room, condo or vacation home.
- Elegant takeout ready tearoom with outdoor seating.
- Chol Hamoed BBQ's (With Takeout Available)
- Daily Brunch Buffet (With Takeout Available)
Children & Teens
- Exciting children’s outdoor tented day-camp
- Professional indoor nursery program for toddlers and infants
- Special teen’s programs with exciting programs and on-site adventures.
- Outdoor socially distant tented synagogue.
- Outdoor socially distant lectures and entertainment
- Fully stocked Judaic library (i.e.: Bais Medrash)
- Eruv for Shabbos
- Nightly entertainment on Chol-hamoed
- Special art workshops & hands-on activities