Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Thraki
If only you could be reclining in Alexandroupolis this Pesach, when you recite the fourth Ma Nishtana question, "tonight, we all recline," you really could be making the most of it! As the plane takes off for Alexandroupolis, you will instantly begin to feel free, without thinking "if only" or needing to pretend…
The Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Thraki
- 149 welcoming spacious rooms spread out over two floors, plus a magnificent lobby.
- It is located just 10 minutes from the airport
- Large family suites, each with a captivating sea-view balcony
- Spacious, fully accessorized rooms, each with its own balcony.
- A large selection of gourmet meals prepared by the finest chefs
- Non-Gebrokts & Kitniyot Free
- Strictly kosher and closely monitored by a mashgiach kashrut team
- An elegant, pampering lounge is at your service. Enjoy light meals, hot and cold beverages, fruit, and wine throughout the day.
- Pools: Invigorating thermo-mineral pools, heated seawater pool, and fitness pool
- Spa: Relaxing massages; Private suites; Wet and dry sauna
- Outdoor Pool
- Keep cool in the kiddie pool & large, deep adult pool
- Private Beach: A pristine, fully equipped beach adjacent to the hotel
- Fitness Room: A spacious and beautiful area with extensive fitness equipment
Kids' Club & Activities
- Playroom, playground facilities, and supervised activities
- Nearby Amusement Park for Kids
- Activities and attractions for a fee
- Pedal boats
- Island tours
- Shuttles available to more local marine attractions
- Horseback riding
- Ice skating
- Sports fields
- Bowling, etc.
Around the Hotel
Alexandroupolis is an important port city situated on a significant shipping route. The area combines innovation with historical tradition, and picturesque fishing villages with unique shopping opportunities, all set against a beautiful primeval landscape and a sea that stretches to the horizon.
The rich spiritual atmosphere is enhanced by:
- Meir Gafni
- Srulik Stern
- Torah shiurim
- Festive seder
- Greek choir
- Inspiring davening
- Shows for the entire family
We have chosen the best tour company in the area to guide and lead us on our excursions.
- Delicious boxed lunches provided for every outing
- Excursions involve a separate fee paid to the tour company
- The tour schedule is subject to change, based on information from the relevant attractions
Friday, Erev Shabbat, Chol HaMoed - First Tour
Discover Old & New with a Jewish Flavor
We depart at 10:00 am on an approximately 40-minute journey to Mesimvria on the Thracian coast. This fascinating ancient city bears the architectural stamp of various historic periods. We'll pass through the region's famous olive groves, visit the ancient walls, and tour the magnificent manor house. Our return to Alexandroupolis will involve learning about the history of the Jewish people in the region and the communities destroyed by the Bulgarian army during the Holocaust. We'll also stop at the ancient shul in the White Tower, and more. After enjoying our lunch, we'll return to the hotel at approximately 3:00 pm.
Sunday - Second Tour
Learn About the Colors, the History & Birdwatching
Our day begins with a 10:00 am departure, heading towards Lagos. We will stop in the beautiful fishing village of Porto Lagos, then continue to Lake Vistonida, home to many spectacular rare birds. We will visit The Chapel Islands, where we'll stop for lunch, then leave for Xanthi, one of the area's most picturesque cities with its enchanting blend of vibrant colors and landscapes. Founded during the Byzantine era, the city that combines old and new bustles with activity 24 hours a day. From there, we will head back to the hotel at around 5:00 pm.
Monday - Third Tour
Sailing to Gan Eden
This breathtaking must-see trip begins at 9:00 am. We'll begin by travelling to the mesmerizing port town of Kavala, built on a slope of dry land that juts into the sea at the Gulf of Kavala. Over the century, many rulers have left their mark on this town. From here, we will sail by ferry to Greece's northernmost island, Thasos, a mesmerizing green paradise filled with lush forest groves and an artificial lake. We'll continue to the traditional Greek village of Panagia before returning to Kavala via ferry. There, we will ascend to the spectacular fortress that towers over the city at the summit of Mt. Symvolo. We will stroll through Jewish heritage sites and the famous Kamares aqueduct built by Suleiman the Magnificent, then return to the hotel at around 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday - Erev Shvi'i shel Pesach - Fourth Tour
Short & Sweet
We will head out at 10:00 am to the historic silk town of Soufli, situated in the Evros Valley, on a steep slope of one of the Rhodope Mountains. The town is a fascinating mosaic interweaving new and old, famous for both the ancient silk industry that flourished there, and its breathtaking scenery.
We will visit the silk museum, where we'll learn how silk is made while observing the silkworms in action.
We will return to the hotel around 3:00 pm.
Wreschner, creators of perfect vacations, boast 14 years of experience and have invested countless hours to organizing, planning, and managing vacations that exceed your expectations. This Pesach, we are hosting a seder just for you. In addition to kosher gourmet meals, we proudly present an inspiring atmosphere, magnificent landscapes and beaches, and intoxicating aromas designed to provide you with the best Pesach experience, so you can truly feel free this holiday, and return having created the most wonderful family memories.
Yossi Wreschner. The Best Way to See the World!