Passover in Dubai. Who would have thought that would be a possibility? With the signing of the Abraham Accords normalizing relations between Israel and the UAE, more and more Jewish tourists are choosing Dubai for vacation. Dubai and Abu Dhabi have a lot to offer tourists, from the many theme parks and beaches to the tallest building in the world, the Burj Khalifa. Pesach 2022 saw many successful programs as well as tourists who made their own accommodations. Pesach 2023, which begins on on Wednesday evening, April 5th and ends on Thursday evening, April 13th, looks like it will be even bigger.
Recap of the Pesach programs that took place in Dubai 2022:
- Shainfeld at the Conrad Dubai: Great location, full board, Chol Hamoed entertainment, programming for kids of all ages and day tours. Mordechai Ben David spent the week at the program and gave a concert. There were also other entertainers as well as shiurim and lectures.
- Passover by Versace with The Kosher Place: Dubai’s kosher caterer, Treat Kosher, put together a Pesach program with a production company, in collaboration with Versace. The program offered full board with food by top chefs. They offered entertainment, children’s programming and a desert safari.
- Passover Program at the Jumeirah Creekside Hotel: This luxury hotel resort has a spa, gym and two outdoor pools. There were delicious meals, shiurim and programming for the kids. The program offered nightly entertainment and ended with a Mimouna.
Tourists in Dubai had many activities to choose from, including:
- Desert Jeep Tour with Camissar Dubai including camel riding, sand surfing and kosher for Passover dinner
- A visit to the Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world
- Ski Dubai, an indoor ski hall with sub-zero temperatures and five different slopes covering 22,400 square meters
- The Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo has one of the largest suspended aquariums in the world and options for animal encounters and diving experiences
- Shopping at the Dubai Mall is the second largest shopping mall in the world
- Fun day at the Atlantis Aquaventure Waterpark with zip lines, slides through shark-filled lagoons and a splash area for kids
- Miracle Garden is the largest natural flower paradise in the world
- Lounging on the beautiful beaches, that are free or charge a minimal fee and provide lifeguards, showers and changing rooms
- One of many adventure activities including jeeping, sandboarding, camel safaris, speedboat tours and more