We are proud to present our luxury Summer vacation 2018 in Hotel Schloss Pontresina Family & SPA, Engadin, Switzerland.
Upper Engadine is a wonderful area to explore during summer
Hotel Schloss Pontresina. It’s a 19th-century castle, which means that in many ways it’s the best of both worlds: it’s a proper castle, with all of the capital-R Romantic atmosphere that implies, but in terms of comfort it’s every bit a modern luxury hotel rather than some drafty medieval relic.
The rooms and suites were thoroughly renovated in 2016, and they’re quintessential Alpine-contemporary luxury, with their knotty cabinetry and accents in red fabric. The best views are of the Bernina glacier, and all rooms are bathed in light from the oversized windows. Ordinary Comfort and Superior rooms are spacious enough, while the suites are downright extravagant, and while the Family Suites come with toys to keep little ones occupied, the whole hotel prides itself on its family-friendliness.
It’s a fine summer escape as well, with access to some extraordinary hiking and mountain biking.
- Rooms & Suites - Fully renovated in 2016, all room types have a panoramic option, guaranteeing the best view of the majestic glaciers of the Bernina range.
- A modern indoor pool
- Wellness & SPA - 900 sqm offer Mediterranean bath, biosauna, Finnish sauna and more
- Two large restaurants with a spectacular view over the Bernina range - Glatt Kosher Cuisine
- Free WiFi
- Children’s club - 350 m2 space for children
Pontresina is situated in the Southern Alps in Engadin, at an altitude of 1800 m., almost exactly in the middle of the triangle formed by Zurich, Milan and Munich. The valley is accessible via the Maloja, Julier, Albula, Flüela, Ofen and Bernina passes, as well as by the Rhaetian Railway, bus or air.
- St-Moritz - Pontresina: 5 km
- Milano Bergamo : Pontresina: 159 km, 2:45 hours
- Zurich - Pontresina: 200 km, 3 hours
- Innsbruck - Pontresina: 186 km, 2:55 hours
- Milano - Pontresina: 175 km, 3 hours
What to do :
- Diavolezza – panorama mountain at 3000 m, skiing area, high-altitude cross-country track, glacier walks and via ferrata climb.
- Rosegtal (Val Roseg) – car-free valley, delightful route for walking, biking or cross-country skiing, trips by horse-drawn carriage or sledge through beautiful larch woods to the Hotel Roseg Gletscher, fantastic view of the peaks and glaciers of the Bernina range.
- Bernina railway line – panoramic narrow-gauge route across the Bernina, the highest mountain railway pass in Europe, reaching 2253 m, into the Puschlav valley in south Grisons and over the Italian border into the Veltlin (Valtellina).
- Muottas Muragl – a funicular railway takes you up to the 2453 m peak for walking and panoramic views, between Samedan and Pontresina. Wonderful views over the lakes of the Upper Engadine.
- Alp Languard – the hiking paradise amidst the largest ibex colony in Switzerland.
- Museum Alpin in Pontresina – all about the development of summer and winter tourism, hunting, wildlife and the environment, with collection of minerals.
An amazing experience for the whole family
Looking forward to seeing you