SIRMIONE is one of the most well known villages in Italy and almost all tourists who visited the northern part of Italy have been there. It is located on the south part of Lake Garda, the biggest and most beautiful lake in Italy, at about half an hour driving distance from Verona. It is a big amusement to walk along the narrow and crowded lanes of the old town, open to pedestrian only, with plenty of tourist shops, coffee and ice-cream bars where to sit and enjoy the lake view.
Thanks to its ideal position, plenty of one-day tours to many artistic Italian sites can be organized.
The hotel is located at only 23 km. from Verona airport (20 minutes driving distance), 45 km. from Brescia airport (35 minutes driving distance), 90 km. from Bergamo airport (one hour driving distance) and 170 km. from Milan airport (one hour and 45 minutes distance).
HOTEL OLYMPIC KOSHER HOLIDAYS is a 3 star hotel, located in SIRMIONE just along the beach, on the coastal road between PESCHIERA and SIRMIONE, at only 2 km. distance from the center of the village. The hotel has 12 rooms, part of them double-rooms, part triple-rooms, one room with one double bed and one bunch-bed and also two connecting rooms with common bathroom, up to 5 beds. All rooms are equipped with mini-bar, safe, satellite-TV, WI-FI and naturally private bathroom with shower.
In the Hotel you may find a very big and elegant meaty restaurant, a milky coffee shop with annexed pizzeria and a grocery with food products. You may also order take-away meals. The hotel is surrounded by a big marvelous park. The beach is located at a few meters from the hotel.
The hotel has a Kosher Lemehadrin kitchen under the supervision of Rav Itzchak Belinow of Chabad, Milan. In the hotel there is a beautiful Succah, and Beit Knesset with Sefer Torah.
Guests who spend the entire chag (11 nights) with us may be accommodated in the hotel or in the very luxurious Residence Villa Onofria, located just aside the hotel: www.villaonofria.com/en (limited availability). For a 4 to 10 day's stay, guests will stay at the very close Holiday Village "Villaggio Lugana Marina": www.luganamarina.it.
THE PACKAGE FROM ISRAEL:
The packages from Israel are for 6 nights and 7 full days (8-14/10) or 11 night and 12 full days (8-19/10) and include flights to Milan, transfers (combined with two excursions for the 6 nights' group), accommodation at the Holiday Village "Lugana Marina" next to our hotel and full board at the Hotel Olympic Kosher Holidays. The other excursions are at charge.
FULL DAY POSSIBILITIES OF EXCURSIONS:
The hotel is located at only 10-20 minutes driving distance (10-20 km.) from the biggest and most famous parks in Italy (not all open during this period):
- GARDALAND – the biggest amusement park in Italy, one of the biggest in Europe. www.gardaland.it
- CANEVAWORLD – including the park of Movieland studios and the water-park. www.canevaworld.it
- NATURA VIVA PARK – a marvelous zoo/safari with special and wild animals in extinction danger. www.parconaturaviva.it
- PARCO SIGURTA' – the biggest and most impressive botanic park in Italy. www.sigurta.it
Here are the driving distances from the most attractive tourist resorts suitable for daily excursions:
- VERONA: 35 km. or 30 minutes.
- VENICE: 145 km. or one and half hour.
- FLORENCE: 260 km. or two and half hours.
- MILAN: 142 km. or one and half hour.
- COMO (the lake): 180 km. or two hours.
- LUGANO (Switzerland): 207 km. or two hours.
- STRESA (Lake Maggiore): 219 km. or two hours and 15 minutes.
- BOLOGNA: 162 km. or one and half hour.
- TRENTO: 94 km. or one hour.
- BOLZANO (Dolomites): 148 km. or one and half hour.
- FERRARA: 134 km. or one and half hour.
- AFFI (big commercial center): 21 km. or 20 minutes.
For people not interested in driving by car, the public buses stopping close to the hotel will take you in a few minutes to the center of Peschiera, Sirmione and Desenzano, and also to Verona (50 minutes) or to Brescia (one and half hour). In a few minutes it is also possible to get to the Peschiera train station and from there by train to all the mentioned main resorts or by bus in less than 20 minutes to the Parks and also to all the enchanting villages along the eastern side of the lake, till the northern point, Riva del Garda. From Peschiera and from Sirmione it is possible to sail for a dreamy navigation along the lake by boat.
HOW TO GET THERE:
From Milan Malpensa Airport, drive according to the signs in direction Milano-Varese and continue on the A4 highway toward Venice. Exit at Sirmione, and continue toward Sirmione and then turn on direction Peschiera. The hotel is located on the left side of the road, at two km. from the center of Sirmione.
From Brescia and Bergamo airports, reach the highway A4 toward Venice, and follow the indications as above.
From Verona airport follow the signs leading to the A4 highway toward Milan. Enter the highway and exit at Peschiera. Then continue toward Sirmione. You will find the hotel on the right side of the road, one km. after the sign indicating the beginning of Sirmione.
Verona (22 Km., 30 minutes). Bergamo (90 Km., 1 hour). Milan Malpensa (170 Km., 2 hours). Venice (150 Km. 1 hour and 45 minutes).
Wednesday 8/10 Erev Chag:
Visit of the center of Milan for the group coming from Israel for 6 nights, included in the price of the package.
Motzaei Shabbat 11/10:
The Historical Center of Sirmione
Price: Adult 12 euro and child (2-12) 8 euro.
Sunday 12/10 Chol Hamoed:
Around the Dolomites. Price: Adult 40 euro and child (2-12) 30 euro.
Monday 13/10 Chol Hamoed:
Venice. Price: Adult 40 euro and child (2-12) 30 euro.
Tuesday 14/10 Chol Hamoed:
The Lake of Como and Lugano (Switzerland).
Price: Adult 40 euro and child (2-12) 30 euro. Price included in the package from Israel for Israelis flying back.
Wednesday 15/10 Hoshaana Rabba:
Verona and the eastern coast of Lake Garda. Price: Adult 30 euro and child (2-12) 20 euro.
- The prices of the excursions don't include entrance fees and public transportations (the boat in Venice and cable-car in the Dolomites)
- The carrying out of the excursionsis conditionedto a minimum number of participants,
- The order of the excursions may change owing to climate conditions, traffic problems or any other reason.
- It is recommended to book the excursions in advance. The payment in advance, together with the booking of the holiday, of a minimum of 3 excursions per person grants a 10% discount. In that case there is no possibility of refund in case of cancellation of one or more excursions.
- The booking of excursions at the hotel is conditioned to availability of seats on the bus.